1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

And Yet Another New Member

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GeeMC, Feb 6, 2003.

1. GeeMC

GeeMC Member

Hi everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself and say what a great site this is. So much information here it is incredible! As a newbie to the plowing world, it is great to have all these resources to pull from. I hope after some time I will be able to return the same.

My son Jason, is the one who will actually be doing the plowing, I just own the truck. He is 21 and is getting his own business started and this is one way I can help him out. We are running a 98 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 with a 7 ½’ Minute Mount 2 Fisher plow. It’s a regular cab with a short bed. We got the plow on last week and all the insurance requirements in place just in time for the storm we had last weekend. Jason said the truck performed great. He really likes the MM2 plow compared to the others he was using on his boss’s rigs. He likes the compact size of the truck also. He said it makes it very maneuverable in tight places. He also liked the height of the plow where he was able to stack the snow higher than normal. Anyway, I’m rambling, just wanted to say hi.

2. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

Welcome!:drinkup: :drinkup:
  3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Bruce and son, welcome to plowsite! Its good to have you here!:)
  4. Temco

Temco Member

Welcome Bruce,

I'm 2 towns over in the ghetto :waving: Good luck to you and your son in the business :gunsfiring:

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Welcome Geemc :salute: .
  6. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

welcome to plowsite:waving:
  7. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

I'm new here myself, but anyway, welcome to father and son.
  8. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

welcome!!! let me tell you that truck setup works great.i have a guy that subs for me with the same setup.we do large sidewalks with it in the city of new haven works great.wish yah the best of luck
  9. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Welcome its good to have another member from Mass!
  10. mulchmonkey2000

mulchmonkey2000 Senior Member

Welcome, Best of luck to you and your son!!:waving:
  11. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

Welcome, and best of luck to you and your son.... *LET IT SNOW* :waving:
  12. myo

myo Senior Member

Welcome, Bruce. Is Jason just starting a plowing business or along with landscaping? Good Luck!
  13. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

Welcome to plowsite!
  14. SCFALL

SCFALL Member

WELCOME this is a great site and should be alot of help to you:nod:
  15. GeeMC

GeeMC Member

Wow! What a great welcome guys! Thanks. It looks like Jason will be out again tomorrow. I’m getting jealous now.

I just had to post the pic of the “first” truck.

98 gmc z71.jpg
  16. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

17. jvcski

jvcski Member

Geemc's son

Hi Dad, just wanted to let you know that the truck is running really well right now. I'm praying for snow every day:D . I do think that the truck performs extremely well considering its size. good luck to you
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2003
  18. hoagie

hoagie Member

That looks like a kick ass plow truck!! I used one like that a few yrs back w/ a former employer. Best of luck neighbor.
  19. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Looks like you and I are the "junior puppy dogs" here.:)
  20. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Welcome to Plowsite Geemc I'm in the next town stoneham:waving: I go thru Melrose every storm on my way to saugus.