1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

And I thought I was ready

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Plowtoy, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Yep, had eveything ready to go. Plow on, tested and cleaned up and taken off again. Light bar on, back up light bar ready. Fluids up to date and BAM.... T-boned on my way to the dentist yesterday. Insurance said its totaled, now on the search for a replacement for the Yukon and lots of work ahead of me. Thank god for a back-up plow truck!!

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Your ok and that's all that matters. Truck can be replaced.

3. elecblu

elecblu Member

I had the similar thing happen to me. My K2500 was t-boned on fathers day. I was bummed when the other insurance co. told me they wanted to total it, until they told me a dollar amount. I kept the truck , still usable the way it is, and got 2 grand more than I paid for it 3 years ago.

4. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

That really sucks. Atleast your ok. Can upgrade now!!!

5. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Ruff start, Hope everything works out.

6. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Hey, Thanks guys!!!
    It looks good for me as far as the amount I will receive from the loss, but its still a PITA to have to deal right now when the snow could fly at any time. I am currently arguing with the insurance on the price of the undercarriage (they want $725 for it) and I told them that was not acceptable. They come back and said if I want to keep the "plow package" than that's what it would cost. I told them they could keep the plow package and I just wanted the undercarriage. The biggest part of the problem is they don't understand what is a part of the truck and what is an accessory. Started looking for another vehicle, I may have a lead on an 05 duramax reg cab long box with a 2 year old boss V but the truck has a almost 240k on it. I could get back into a Yukon or Tahoe pretty easy too. I also looked at an 04 silverado half ton reg long for 5500, with only 161k on it. I just want something that still looks somewhat nice and isn't all rotted out. I'll let you know what I get

7. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

it sucks about what happened but it seems like you may come out ahead. Id look into that duramax, with 240,000 miles you never know both of mine have over 200,000 and run great. In 05 and late 04 they had overheating problems. unless the 05 is dirt cheap i would look for a 07 or 07 classic.

8. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I am waiting on the price of the 05. Its going to have to be a deal (like under 10k) for me to buy it. Im guessing it will come in closer to 14 though. It belongs to a brother inlaw of my buddy who ran it back and forth to D.C. for his construction business. My buddy wants me to buy it because he says his brother inlaw owes him a favor. I really dont think I want to spend more than 6k on another gas plow truck, so I bet I will end up in a 02 to 04. I just want a deal on what ever I buy.

9. miderbier

miderbier Member

Sorry about the accident...You're ok thats all that matters. Unfortunately it is a bad time of year but looks like you may have a couple weeks yet. I'm in Muskegon not too far away if ya need anything let me know.

10. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

I just bought a 01 duramax for $4000 keep your eye out and you will find a cheap one. But it won't be brand new. I figure if I can buff and wax the paint to,make it look good then its in decent shape even if theyre a few dents.

11. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

You really have to watch these insurance companies especially when the other guy is paying for it. They will try and get away with as cheap as possible. I had a friend got hit by a drunk driver damaged one fender and cracked the windshield. They wanted to total his truck and give him 6k. He fought with them to the point he kept his truck AND got 6k. Fixed it for 700 bucks himself. Fight for what you know is right.

12. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Well, we were able to settle on 11/21, they reworked the numbers and were able to make it so it would only cost me $350. After I saw the new numbers, it appears that it will only cost me around $100 from the origanal statement. I bought a new (03) Tahoe this weekend and am working on getting it ready. Its in GREAT shape, even though it has about 8k more miles on it than my Yukon.

13. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice to hear things are working out, Show us some pics of the new ride when its done !