1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

and another low baller bites the dust!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TPC Services, Nov 1, 2012.

1. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Maybe just maybe the tides have turn for the reputable snow removal companies in cental Iowa. Just picked up that very large twn hm project that I posted on the bidding forum a few weeks ago. The last few years we would not have even been close price wise because of all the hacks and low ballers that think they can go out by a plow and start plowing with no knowledge of the industry!!! The PM told me that last year there were over 40 people bidding their properties that they send out to bid on This year 14 are left HOT DAMN. NA NA NA NA , HA HA HA GOODBYE!!!!!Thumbs Up I know you all may not like this but maybe another bad year of no snow fall around here will get rid of the rest of them!!! Maybe it really does pay to be a reliable, dependant, trustworthy, knowledgeable snow removal contactor!!!
  2. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

:drinkup: I'll drink to that!!!
  3. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

So you are the new low baller in the group? You must have been the lowest of the 14. Just kidding man. I had to say it.
  4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

If it snows alot this year they will be back the next one.
  5. Rat_Power_78

Rat_Power_78 Senior Member

No snow here seems to mean the "professionals" start to turn lowballer.
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'm the lowest of the high bids.
  7. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

i just buy the p.m.s nice things so they give me the contracts.
  8. BORIS

BORIS Senior Member

Reputable? Just kidding that is great news. It does pay to be great it just takes some people longer to know it than others.
  9. TPC Services

Oldmankent, kind of hard for them to be back when most went out of business or found other forms of reliable income.

GSS LLC. (LOL) I have buttering up to. Them that's no helped in the past.

BORIS. Thanks sir.

We haven't haven't lowered our prices ever. If anything ours have gone up rat_power but I know the big boys around here keep lowering theirs. But I think most people are starting to learn that going with the big boys isint always the smart choice finally.
  10. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

Nice work.
    We picked up a new one for a new PM we are working for. The had a company that wasn't great servicing a place she asked us to bid last minute. We were $600 (25%) more a month. She said not a problem and signed.
  11. TPC Services

you gotta like that. :nod: