1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

And another change / feature made...

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Chuckwk, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Chuckwk

Chuckwk Founder

Now, a user's signature is shown only once per thread page. If another one of their posts comes along, their signature won't be shown.

This will clean up thread pages... some members have pretty big/long signatures with images, etc., etc., ... so, this new feature will cut down on page load time for those who have slow connections and want to view signatures. For those who have set their user option to NOT view signatures because of this... you can switch it back and see how this addition works for you.
  2. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Just kinda snuck this one on us, huh?

I personally liked it the old way. I don't want to scroll back 3-4 pages to find a posters ORIGINAL post to see, for instance, what year truck they have.
  3. Chuckwk

Chuckwk Founder

This is per page. So, if you were already on the 4th page and the sig you were looking for was on the first page... you would still have to go to the first page.

But, if you were on the 4th page, and they had posted on the 4th page... you would still see the signature once on that page.
  4. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Oh, OK

One feature I'd LOVE to have is to see their signature and location on the screen that I'm typing on now. The reply page. At the bottom where it lists all the posts' replies. All it lists is their name and their reply, no way of knowing their location or info without going back to the root page.

Know what I mean? It's probably not possible with vBulliten.
  5. Chuckwk

Chuckwk Founder

Hrm... good suggestion!

I will see what I can do about that.

6. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks Chuck, I remember reading that now that you answered me. Sorry to bother you because of my poor memory. Thanks for the response.