1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

An introduction....

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Williams Ex Co, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Williams Ex Co

Williams Ex Co Junior Member
    from Iowa

Been lurking around here for some time this winter and enjoy the BB a bunch. Dont know if I am a total "noob"as I have spent countless days plowing 1000's of miles of highway in tandem dumptrucks with plows but the whole 'pickup plow' thing is pretty new to me. Came across one of those 'too good to be true' deals and bought a '93 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4, 6.5 diesel and Boss 8'2'' Vee plow plenty cheap.... Been great for doing my own stuff and my in-laws etc.... Do a little sub work stacking snow with a skidloader for a commercial plow company and am considering buying a sander for next winter to do a little more sub work for the same guy...I have the storage area and the loader.... I have the time.... only thing I dont have is the sander. Any words of wisdom for the pros? Thanks, Paul
  2. Williams Ex Co

Williams Ex Co Junior Member
    from Iowa

Some pics

Truck and plow I recently bought at auction.

DCP02419 [640x480].JPG

DCP02429 [640x480].JPG
  3. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

stainless steel airflow 1.5 yard sander.

best thing you can buy IMO.
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Where in Iowa are you William? A sander is hard on a 3/4 ton truck but it will work. Sanders will be getting cheaper the closer to winter being over. Good Luck and welcome to the site.
  5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

nice setup. welcome aboard. that boss looks like its got a brand new cutting edge. nice! :cool:
  6. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Welcome to our little community! :drinkup: