1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

An idea for SIMA

Discussion in 'Snow & Ice Management Association - SIMA' started by csi.northcoast, Apr 17, 2011.

1. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

I think SIMA would be wise, if they would "take bids" and find a resonalble insurance provider to insure us snow professionals, they could then make that lower cost insurance policy to available only to their CSP's, on top of that they could put on retainer a certain person who is speaking at their conference so that he can't testify for the plaintiffs on slip and fall cases....just a thought

2. SIMASTAFF

SIMASTAFF Sponsor
    from Midwest

insurance

sbg,
    Hi this is Brian with SIMA...thanks for the note and the idea, we always like to hear from folks. I too think this is a great idea, and one to be honest that we have undertaken 2-3 different times during my tenure at SIMA in various roles. The last attempt lasted over a year, we had 4-5 members whom are extremely knowledgeable on liability/insurance work on this, and they made some headway for a while, we even thought we might have an insurance company that was ready to commit. It came down to the liability-driven market we are all a part of; we can't seem to get an insurance partner that is willing to front the risk of reduced premiums for snow contractors. I think this will be something we revisit and attempt every few years, if you have any thoughts on how we can approach it, would love to hear them!

I like the idea of bringing CSP's into this, I'll pass that along...related to the speaker you reference, as I said in the last post, if you have concerns about anyone speaking at SIMA anytime please forward your specific concerns to Brian@sima.org and I will share them with the appropriate people within the association. Thanks

Brian Birch
    Assistant Exec. Director
    SIMA