1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

An expensive day today!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I hated to do it but had to buy another bulk storage tank for our liquid salt. It looks like thats all we're going to be using until next year. Luckily (I guess,lol) we have a local guy who sells liquid systems, parts and many different liquid blends. Any way bought a 3,000 gallon storage tank, some new fittings, a new spreader bar (12 pencil tips instead of 8), 2,000 gallons of liquid mix and some misc. supplies, brought in an employee all day and bought lunch,lol My hopes are to at least do enough salting to pay for this additional investment by spring. It's nice not having to rely on anyone for things like this. Plus started buying a few parts for another gas powered system I'm putting together. This new one is going to have the capability for doing sidewalks as well as a wider spray swath, maybe a selective boom so I can spray left/right, we'll see, I have all summer to get it right.

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Does anyone put hose reels on these to pull out for doing walks, steps ect?
    Steve

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

There is a guy around here that does.

4. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Thats good idea

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

No one does it around my area but I have a nice electric Hanny reel with 300ft and a nice gun off of our fert. spreader I was going to try out. It comes right off so I figured I would get more use out of it other than the one time a year we spray liquid fert. then it sits for a year. I just want to be covered in case another "shortage" happens again and theres not even sidewalk to buy. I already have the set up so why not,lol