1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

an E-60 question.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tjctransport, Dec 30, 2010.

1. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i have a used E-60 on my 02 ford that replaced the E-47 that was wiped off when the truck got hit and run in a parking lot last year breaking the pump off it.
    the E-60 would creep down for the first 2-3 minutes, then held the plow up.
    this pump worked flawlessly over the past 4 days, with one minor exception.
    after sitting for 3-4 hours while i get some sleep, it will full lift. after about 1/2 hour use, it will slowly stop lifting as high. after 12-13 hours, it will only lift 4-6 inches.
    does this sound like the oil is foaming?
    i am new to the E-60, all i have ever run before is the E-47.
  2. cbeard

cbeard Member

I had an E-60 that did something similar and I replaced the motor and problem solved.
  3. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

Hop out now and then and check to see how hot things are. It does sound heat related, the question is whether it is the oil, the pump, or the motor that is giving the trouble once it gets hot.
  4. tjctransport

i don't think it is the motor, because it will angle fine.
    you have me thinking about the pump though. the angle valve is bad, and it will not hold pressure.
    so if i need to keep the plow in one direction to move or cut into a large drift, i have to hold the angle pressurized otherwise the plow will flip the other way.
  5. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Replace your B & C valve seals, or all of it. Check your cross over relief valve.

And check your fluid for water
  6. tjctransport

fluid is sam blue, drained and put in fresh on friday.
  7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

My e60

To start off the year I took the truck and plow to a local Meyer dealer for pre season inspection/ flush, I figure of $100.00 it was worth it and it included 2 qts of oil. This was in early November and I parked the plow until for the fisrt storm came. We had our 1st plow of the was this weekend and we have single digit temps, at first the plow seemed to operate normally but has time war on the ram wouldn't raise as hi and all hyd functions seamed to be slower. I check all the corrections everything had good power/contacts and the motor was not hot. At first I thought I had a air bubble in the hyd and it was cavitation and would eventually get through the system. I started to think what changed in the time I started. Plow and pump have been working pretty hard, this would mean the oil is warming up and the viscosity it changing, When I realized this I checked the fluid level on the ram in full retract position. Meyer states in the manual I have " from the top of the filler plug fluid is to be 1 1/2' below the plug. I checked mine ans it was about 3' below so after adding 20 or so ounces of fluid to the pump all is good. The unit doesn't have any leaks and all I can say is the tech at the dealer didn't do a great job.