1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

amybody have a air flo mss?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Hegartydirtwork, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Hegartydirtwork

Hegartydirtwork Senior Member

Took a look at a Air Flo MSS today wondering if anybody has one, does it work well? will it spread coarse sand? any feedback appreciated.

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Best tailgate Salter made. Having only used them, I can say that from lack of experience on other makes. But really the air-flo mss is a great salter, we still have a 7 year old one used as a backup salter. I was just adjusting the belt on today, still runs like new. Orginial motor on it.

It will throw anything you can think of. Sand, Salt, I've seen it throw pea gravel.

Being that the one that we still have is 7 years old, I can not say anything about the hitch mounting setup, those came out after.

3. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

I couldn't agree more. Have a older model as well. We did make a hitch mount for it and it works great. They cost more but I am very happy with mine.

4. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I have one as well, and I like it. I like it a lot.

5. Hegartydirtwork

Hegartydirtwork Senior Member

this is an older model that looks like was adapted to a reese hitch style mount, there is no contoller with it so I think I will have to just wire it to a switch. The price is right so I think I will make an offer.

6. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

don't know about the newer ones, but the ones we had, did not have speed controls, just on off switch.

7. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

We didnt have a controller ours either-just on and off. I agree with others, best taligate spreaders made.

8. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

All I have is ON and OFF, you don't really need anything else. Buy it.