1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Amsoil in a V10?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by gotsnow?, Jan 23, 2009.

1. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

It looks like I'll be picking up a 2002 Excursion w/ the 6.8L V10 this coming week.... For those of you that know much about Amsoil Synthetics which one of their many oils will be best suited for my new V10?? :dizzy:

Thanks, David - got snow?
  2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

if you talk to a scamsoil dealer, they will tell you their "stuff" id tthe best thing ever made.

and my answer to that is, if scamsoil is so good, why will ford not put it in their vehicles.

i use what the ford dealers here use. valvoline synthetic.
  3. MBB

MBB Senior Member

I have a v10 and I run synth. oils. amsoil, valvoline, Moble 1 Royal purple. Get what ever has best price at time.I have not noticed any differance per say between them except on my wallet. Do stay away from the Walmart private label stuff though, that stuff did not seem to work out. I had that in a 4.6 v8 and developed a sticky lifter (thats what it sounds like) during that cycle, coincidence maybe ,do not know. about 110000 miles on it. Clicking comes and gos. using Moble 1 now probem no worse or better at 146000 mi.
  4. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

The least pain on my wallet is always the best! I will deffinately be talking to my Amsoil dealer about it, I just wasn't sure if someone found one "model" of Amsoil to be better in the 6.8 than another.