1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

amp gauge

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by lawnmasters2006, Nov 5, 2006.

1. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

i have a 96 k1500........i put two new napa 850cca batterys in it..the problem i still see is that the amp gauge in the truck drops to about 9 when i move the plow.is that a good thing or a bad thing? is there someting i should do? new alt?

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Have you changed the hyd fluid and cleaned the filter for the plow?
    Cheek and clean the electrical connections.

How is your alt holding up? Check and clean the connections for the alt too

If all else fails have the pump motor cheeked out it may need new brushes.

Ho, ya!! Does it do this as you are moving the plow or does it happen when the plow has hit the stops?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006
  3. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

it does it when ever i move the plow..i have not changed the fluid in the plow it is only a yr old plow..we only used in 6 times last winter.do u think it is the alt.? the plow move fast in all ways.just not sure about it? also the plow has been stored in side its whole life..or maybe its one of those things...use it till it breaks an then ill know wht it is...lmao

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006