1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Amount of fluidfilm to undercoat F250?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by Plow King, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

Kind of jumping the gun but I have a MINT 2005 F250 I bought from Florida and I want to undercoat it this fall with fluid film to keep it that way..

How much fluid film would I need to throughly coat the underside of a F250 supercab short bed?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

JD said about 4-5 cans unless you have it in bulk.

3. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Oh, I'd say about 3 drums worth. payup

Grandview's estimate sounds about right. Dang it. :D

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

4 for sure, I use bulk though. I really depends how much time yuo want to spend. I drill holes in my rockers and take my tail lights out and realy spend time on a creaper getting the hard to reach spots. 3 will probably do it but you might as well do your blade also., ao 4. Just buy a case and be done with it. :drinkup:

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

JD, you need to buy 2 cases. Just like a truck you need a backup case .

6. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

you fluid film lovers - i have a question, never used the stuff.... i can see GV jumping all over it... i have watched the videos also... Nice mower blade FYI

besides the under body of the truck , do you spray down the engine compartment?

i spray mine like once per month with WD 40 , and notice a huge difference from before... i really would recommend to all ppl in this industry to spray it down with some type of protectent or oil product

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I did my 06 F250 and I used 1/2 gallon. I did the jams, entire underneath, even pulled the body plugs and shot the cab corners and doors. This was 2 years ago and going to do it again thi year.

8. Y-town IceMan

Y-town IceMan Junior Member

In my neck of the woods the general rule is; buy as much as you can afford. you can never have too much FF. you'll find somewhere/something to spray the remainder on. Rust is a disease and the number one killer of vehicles around here. luckily fluid film is the cure..

9. blogsdon

blogsdon Member

Resurrecting an old thread...but I just had to replace the oil pan on my 2000 Chevy K2500 because it rusted all the way through. Will Fluid Film keep this from happening? and if I do the whole under body how often does it need to be done?

Thanks

Brian

10. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes,and it depends on amounts of washings or lack thereof,but I just do mine once every year before Winter and it seems fine. I might hit some easily available areas to supplement from time to time.

11. Landgreen

Landgreen Member

Wish I did this to my Dodge! Great advice. All my trucks will be getting a good dose through the plugs after replacing the rockers on my 00 Dodge.

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I used a gallon on my 2011 Dodge.

13. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

My recommendation would be to buy the bulk and a sprayer. The cans are a pain to use with a large area. And I say you will need more then 5 cans for your truck more like 7 or 8

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:nod::nod::nod:

15. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

what kind of sprayer are you guys for bulk

16. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

Alright, now I have a question. I ALWAYS go to the car wash after each storm and plowing and salting is done and spend bout 8 bucks doing the absolute best (you know darn good and well its not gettin it all) I can to get the undercarriage as clean as possible.

Now if I fluid filmed the undercarriage of the truck but then went to the car wash and pressure washed under the truck it would wash the f-film right off right???? I mean what do you guys just fluid film the truck but never wash under the truck or what???

17. Landgreen

Landgreen Member

Fluid film doesnt wash off easily. I rinse the underbody with hot water and no soap. Gets all the salt off and mostof the dirt. I normally dont spray ff again unless I got the truck in the shop for other work and all the ice and snow has melted off.

18. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

So with the hot water your spraying high pressure and you don't think it will take that stuff off huh???? I may try it them but I thought it was just common sense that any oil base is gonna be blown off by high pressure hot water???? Guess All I can do is try huh? Im not questioning you by the way, if this stuff is that tuff then its what Im lookin for......!!

19. Landgreen

Landgreen Member

I dont use high pressure. I plumbed a hot water spigot to my garage so I can rinse my truck off when I get done plowing.

20. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

Ahhh haaaa!!!!! Now im seein how this may work. I have a hot water spigot but its just my outside hose hookup. That would be so nice to have a garage to do that. One day I tell ya, One day!!!! LOL