1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Aming head lights

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by boss75, Dec 10, 2013.

1. boss75

boss75 Senior Member
    from MI

I recently purchased another Boss 8' SD on a new Chevy from a dealer. Both head lights appear to be pointing down, is the proper way to adjust them is to loosening the bolts directly under lenses body and rotate as necessary. I would do this on my older plow, however after a night of work the lenses would be back out of adjustment, all bolts were tight, thanks.

2. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Yes, if you have this style of lights, you just loosen the brackets enough to direct them to where you want. I had to adjust mine a couple of times before I was satisfied w/ the beam direction, but otherwise never had any movement issues or need to ever readjust again.

Gt103272.gif

3. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

I've had the hardware that adjusts the light rot out on one of my plows. its hard to clean inside there unless you take it apart after each storm. no matter how many times I moved them they would always go out of whack after a few storms. never understood until I swapped the lights out and saw the problem.

4. boss75

boss75 Senior Member
    from MI

lights

I will adjust them up and hopefully they will stay in place, we have snow arriving in the Detroit area tomorrow night, will see what happens. Thanks for the advice everyone.

5. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

Boss has a good utube on adjusting the headlights.

6. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

7. boss75

boss75 Senior Member
    from MI

Did the adjustment as per the diagram, 3 days of plowing 12 hrs plus and they they are right target, thanks for the help.

8. trevier

trevier Senior Member

I have the stud adjustments, there rusted on, which sucks, now I need to soak them in pb blaster. You would think that these plow companies would put on good hardware when your dropping 3-5 k on a plow.