1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ames Snow shovels! Can you help me locate them...?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lawn Lad, Feb 7, 2003.

1. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

I'm looking for the Ames Snow Blazer snow pusher. They come in varying widths - 24" and/or 30/36" wide. They used to be a royal blue color, but a couple years ago it went to a teal green. Wood handle with plastic D handle and plastic scoop. No separate cutting edge like on some of the older Ames Stinger shovels.

I can't locate these particular pushers but want to find in the worst way. If anyone knows where I can buy some I'd appreciate it. I'm wearing through the last of stock this year. I'm particularly looking for the 30/36" wide pushers.

2. sschario

sschario Member

Check out www.doitbest.com . They have a lot of Ames snow shovels and they do have the 24" version of the Snowblazer. I didn't see the others, but it might be worth a call. I have had good luck dealing with them in the past.

3. racer67x

racer67x Junior Member

snow shovels...

my aunt recently moved from Syracuse,NY to Charlotte,NC,this winter they had a couple good snowfalls and were not ready for them,she told me the other day that she was the only person in her neighborhood that owned a snow shovel,
    she ended up putting it on the porch for everyone to use laughing the whole time about everyone wanting to borrow her "yankee shovel" lol
  4. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

Thanks Steve - I found the 24" pusher, so at the least I can get that. I'm going to look deeper to find the larger shovel. Thanks again!
  5. nben

nben Senior Member

If you fing anything larger, let us know. The biggest I have found around here is 24". Sure would be nice to have something bigger for those light storms.:waving:
  6. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

I guess a good question to ask as well is what have others found to be the most efficient "stick plow" to use? Personally I like snow pushers - shovels with a deep scoop take too long and are too tiring to operate for long periods of time. Anyone else find a style or brand shovel/pusher that has worked for them?

If I find the 30" pushers we have or larger, I'll post the information here.
  7. jbelandscape

jbelandscape Member

8. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

As a follow up to this thread I recently received the Ames tool catalog. The 30" poly snow pusher is in their product line called SnoZone... it looks like they've changed the name from Snow Blazer.

Item #'s:
    11" x 24" wood handle, 56" overall length: #1601900
    11" x 30" wood handle, 58 1/2" over length: #1601600
  9. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

10. jbelandscape

jbelandscape Member

LawnLad, I never did see any pushers on the west side. Sorry I didn't reply that, however, I have befriended a guy who works for a local true value, so bring it back up when the weather starts to get cold. I might be able to get you first dibs. Also, (this is off topic) how far west do you guys go with plowing and landscaping?