1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ames Co? Snow pushers/shovels?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowgirl2002, Dec 11, 2005.

1. snowgirl2002

snowgirl2002 Junior Member

I am looking for a 30 to 36 inch poly Ames snow pusher with the double handle. I need several, so wholesale or retail suppliers would be great. Or if anyone has a similar product, I'd love to know about it. Many Thanks, Rojean

2. Jray3369

Jray3369 Junior Member

3. snowgirl2002

are you?

my brother or father? lol

Thanks for the info. I will look into it. I'm sorry but my immediate ques just regards some hard to find snow shovels. However, I'd love to expand my biz into more serious snow removal. Best,
    Rojean

4. snowgirl2002

good info

Thanks, Jray. The one I'm looking for is even better. But this will help. Best, Rojean

5. snowgirl2002

shovel

It is available via Ames-truetemper.com . Looks like a nice model. Not quite what I'm thinking of, but I'm sure many people would like it. I see it sells for $25.95 or so.

Best,
    Rojean

6. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

7. snowgirl2002

shovel

Thanks! Again, a good possibility, plus other good stuff.

8. JTW

JTW Senior Member

I'll sell you my avatar!! lol

Here is the info from the article where I got the picture.
    "The Snow Plow costs about $25 (plus shipping) from the Ames-True Temper Web site (www.ames.com). You can also order it by calling 888-338-6657."

9. tessdad

tessdad Member
    from S.E. MA

I think I know just what your looking for, but I have not seen them around much. The older folks used them at two inch intervals to clear the walks, drives, etc.
    This might be an item to try: http://www.centralparts.com/TableList39.aspx

From the sponsors up top, CentralParts

Last edited: Dec 11, 2005
  10. snowgirl2002

shovel

Thanks, close and good options. Still not what I'm thinking of, but definitely would serve. Appreciate your help. Rojean

11. snowgirl2002

shovel

$45.00 for the av; $25.00 for the shovel. lol Thanks. Ames was the original producer, but they must have given it up.

12. tessdad

tessdad Member
    from S.E. MA

Think I found it!

At my local ACE hardware store today I saw an "Avalanche ergo" Ames-True Temper #83187. It listed for $45.99. It was about 24" wide with a loop type handle, you could almost push it with your belly, (mine anyways) without hands. the design was such that you could not shovel with it, it was push, tip, dump.

13. snowgirl2002

push

Thank you, again. This sounds like a possibility. I've gotten a lot of good info. over the week. Ha Ha, yes, something people can push with their bellies, or firm lower stomaches. lol Definitely something for the light stuff. If it gets too serious, most of the folk who like these hire someone. But it is also good on those days when you have to keep a walkway clear several times a day. The wider the better for commercial walkways when one is busy but doesn't want customers slipping. :)

14. Runner

Runner Senior Member

There is still nothing that works like the Melnor 27" pusher. This thing is like a snowthrower but without a motor.