1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

amber strobe ?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by 03dmax1, Feb 3, 2011.

1. 03dmax1

03dmax1 Junior Member
    from NH

Anyone ever put amber strobes in the clear part of there cargo lamp ? How does it look-work. Thanks

2. Racer26

Racer26 Junior Member

I'm sure they would look and work great. I have clear strobes in my cargo lamp that are really bright even in the daytime, and I have yet to have problems with them. I did crack a strobe one time, but I think it was how I had them installed along with it being really cold. I know they sell amber hideaways, so I'm sure they would work just as well.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I personally would do amber leds in the cargo area. The housing is so small and with the heat output of a strobe the housing will melt. The leds have no heat output and it would work great up there.

4. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

I agree, amber LED hideaways work great for that aplication. There are many people on this fourm that have done this and I'm sure they will chime in with pics and vids/

5. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

This is what im gonna do, once I spend money on 2 new strobe tubes and 2 new cables a few more dollars can buy a set of whelen led hide aways, im just not set on white or amber yet!

No heat and very little amp draw

6. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

You might wanna check out the Sound off universal undercovers. Great lights. Good Price. I've used them for this exact purpose before.

7. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I would definatly go with LED over strobe for the heat issue- cargo is a small light- Vertex seem to be the smallest and I've seen some videos online with hideaways in cargo lights.Don't forget clear facing rear is blinding to traffic behind you and could be very illegal check your local laws.