1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

amber strobe wiring

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by T&M SnowMan, Sep 24, 2010.

1. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

I have an amber magnetic roof light (as well as whelen hide-aways) and I wanted to wire the amber light up to a switch instead of the power point of the truck. I just wanted some assurance that what I'm thinking will work. Need poss. wire to battery with the switch between light/power source, need another poss that goes on/off with switch (lighted) and ground. if this is short on details excuse me, I'm typing this on my phone..lol, I will fill in the blanks if there's questions! Thanks for the info/help ahead of time!

2. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

sounds like you've got a self suffecient light...I'm taking that it's just a cigarette lighter plug with no pattern changer... Easy stuff to wire... power wire to the switch. black to ground, positive to battery with at least a 15 amp fuse in between the switch and the battery. You should be good to go from there.

with the lighted switch it's the same deal.. just don't need to fuse the switch... your power should be supplied via the pwr wire for the light. another ground would be needed and easy to rig up.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  3. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

Thanks Pirsch, figured so much, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something! Although I did forget to mention the in line fuse, though I planned on using one.

4. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Good deal...Glad I could help
    :drinkup: