1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Amber or clear haw strobes?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by jsc824, Aug 16, 2011.

1. jsc824

jsc824 Member
    from N.H.

I am having trouble deciding if I want to put clear or amber haw strobes in my marker lamps. The lamps are clear and I have two clear and two amber strobes that I can put up front. What do you all recommend ? I tried the clear and they were crazy bright, which concerns me with snow falling, the flashback. The amber aren't as bright but eliminates the flashback problem I would think. I have thoe in rig now, but keeping going back and forth. Anyone have any video of clear up front from in the cab with snow falling?
  2. gtstang462002

gtstang462002 Senior Member

I have clears in my headlamps and fog lamps, the "flashback" isn't really that bad. I have a whelen light bar that gets way more use than the hideaways do. About the only time I ever use the hideaways is when I am sitting on the side of the road and don't need some idiot sideswiping me.
  3. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I have clear up front and flashback isnt really that bad but I am gonna pull my clear front strobes and install amber leds, sorry I dont have any video to add.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I had 2 clears in my head lights of my old truck. When its coming down like a pita keep them off. Honestly for me its more of a distraction than anything. I used them during the day when it wasn't a problem.
  5. Fire_n_Ice

Fire_n_Ice Senior Member

I have amber Vertexes in my front markers.... They are bright as heck but flashback has never been an issue. I really only have my HAWs on when there is traffic around, if it's just us plow trucks I only run my amber Vertexes that I have in my cargo lights just so I can be seen by others plowing in the same lot. If you go to Vertexes, the clear are almost unbearably bright. (I know, I know... No such thing as "too bright")