1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Amber Light Wire Routing

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by sailorman3, Oct 26, 2013.

1. sailorman3

sailorman3 Member

I have a 2013 F250 that I am installing a amber warning beacon on. I need to be able to get the end of the electrical cable into the cab of the truck but it has a 12 volt lighter plug on the end that cannot come off. Is there a rubber plug somewhere in the cab that I can route the cable through? Thanks in advance.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Theres always plugs under the tk. You have to look underneath, then pull the carpet back to get the end. You can always cut, or take off the cig lighter end and redo it when its inside the cab

3. fffowler

fffowler Junior Member

There will be a rubber plug in the firewall in the drivers side. Also there is usually a rubber plug between the bed and rear of the cab but for that one you usually have to remove the back seat....