1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

AMber light question

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Donny O., Sep 30, 2005.

1. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

I jsut ordered a plow to put on my jeep wrangler. i do our driveway and the parking lot at our hair/tanning salon. the light I have for our old plow truck is a magnetic roof mount.....well the jeep has a fiberglass roof so that is no good. what i would like is a light I can mount to the light bar i have on it already. it will fit 5 standard off road lights and i have 4 on it now so figured I could mount it in the middle which is open, but I hanve't been able to find any with the right type of mount. all i have seen is magnetic, or light bars that get bolted on. I jsut wnt a single light with a single stud comming down to go through the hole in the mounting tabs on the light bar. anyone know where to find such a light??

a mount like this....but obviously with an amber revolving light or a strobe even.
    [​IMG]

2. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

Can you put a round piece of plate metal attached with a stud and use the magnet mount on that?

3. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

that would work also.....know where to get one?

4. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

go to someplace that fabs/welds metal and give them the size you want and I am sure they can make you something up...

5. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

Does the magnet on the light have a hole in the center? If so, then get a couple of metal electrical outlet covers, drill a hole in the middle of them, and put a bolt through the hole, then bold this setup to your light bar.

Bingo.

JP

6. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

I appreciate the help. was kind of looking for something permanent though and rather not use the magnet if i don't have to!! but it is looking like that is what will happen.

7. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

8. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

You can do something similar with a permanent mount light... Have a fab shop make a plate that you can mount to you light bar, then mount a permanent light to the plate... should not be to bad...

check out this site for a light with a permanent mount Click here

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  9. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

10. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

now I believe that is exactly what i'm looking for. i will call them and get info on it to see if it will fit for sure.

thanks everyone for the help and please send more links if anyone knows of anymore.