1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

amazing shovel

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Detroitdan, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

2. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Cool shovel wonder how it would stand up to one of my walk guys.:dizzy:

3. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

it windrows, pretty cool little shovel, not practiacal for this business though

4. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

I wonder how it makes the wheel spin?

5. frndinalowplace

frndinalowplace Senior Member
    from 7hills

it looks like it doesnt move the snow to much to the right. so you really cant take that much at a time. you can see in the video hes holy taking a few inches.

6. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Bet it works great with wet snow:dizzy:

RCGM
    Brad

7. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

i cant even imagine when you come to height differences in the expansion joints of the concrete on walks.

8. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Actually I wouldn't think the height differences wouldn't be as much trouble as other shovels since it has the rounded edges, kinda like those plows that ride up on obstacles (forget the name)

9. oakvillerex

oakvillerex Member

that thing looks like a piece of she!t i would probably break it in a night with an ABS auger blade it won't last long once the snoe inside gets thick and wet it will just jam and snap the auger by the looks of it

10. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

When I first saw it I thought it was the stupidest thing I ever saw. Then after finding the website I started thinking it looked pretty clever. Obviously it isn't for commercial use, although for the cost involved and the amount of use this year, I would be better off with that hanging on the wall of my garage than my Blizzard sitting gathering dust. Anyway, for somebody older, or with a bad back like me, it has to be a whole lot better than shoveling. Not better than a snowblower or a plow, but still better than shoveling. Would be best for those fluffy 4 inch snowstorms, I wouldn't bother with a lot of heavy wet stuff. I'm guessing it must have a rubber wheel driving a gear to turn the auger. Wonder how you keep the wheel turning on a slippery surface with the weight of the snow against the auger trying to stop it.

11. 1sthippy

1sthippy Member

What snow?

Hell I could have used one of them the last two blizzards we had! (1/24/07)
    700 ft driveway and I put it all in one wheelbarrow load. - Hippy

12. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

The snow pressing against the auger is what turns it. The auger is the wheel. An auger can move material and material can move an auger.

I doubt that it takes much less effort than angling a standard snow shovel. Somebody needs to go buy one and get back to us. So who's up for doing the product testing and review?

13. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I have owned one of these for the past 4 years, one of my guys bought it for me as a joke. It actually works very well if the snow is as "fluffy" as it is in the video (wich it never is!). Doesn't work well in the wet stuff or if it is over 3 inches. It also isn't made to withstand hard use, I have rebuilt it a few times already...cool toy though! :drinkup:

14. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

How does it do on wide/long sidewalks? I am thinking it could work good for a sidewalk that I do during business hours. There are always people parked right against the curb so I can't really use the snow blower.