1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Amazing.....Prices for used trucks.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Dogplow Dodge, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Any of you guys have a pristine OBS Ford ?

You can make a real killing on EBAY...

Holy Smokes ! I've been watching this truck since it was listed. Really clean F350 and brought an amazing price for it. I had actually thought that if the price was reasonable, I would have placed a bid on it. That changed rather rapidly, as it immediately went to $15k and stayed there. I guess it's like buying a 16 year old slightly used new truck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-Ford-F...MqjfYpgGmJvZYbno1VT88%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I guess if there is really such a thing as a survivor, the 7.3 OBS fords are getting high dollar value right now. Buff has to put his up for sale so we can all bid crazy money for it :dizzy:

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

People are dumb. End of discussion. Lol

3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

yup. that just proves there are way to many people out there with more money than brains. :dizzy:

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

What the Hell!?!?

5. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Maybe i should of bought the one i found exactly like that for 13 grand about 5 years ago lol. Same miles, same color 5 speed though.

6. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

I really wish I had money like that lol. I'd pay that kind of money if I had money haha, I love that body style.

7. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

I just sold my 97 F250 ECLB 7.3 5 speed. had some rust on the front fender and cab corner. was clean on the wheel wells and 169,000 miles...

I put it on CL for $8500 and sold it in 3 days with lots of people interested.

I thought $8500 was a little high, considering i bought it for $7000 with 20k less miles 2.5 years ago...

After how quick it sold, I should have started at $10,000.

And yes. I see alot of OBS on ebay for stupid money... I considered ebay for mine as a last resort if I couldnt get what I wanted.

8. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

It's the 7.3 cult. People are outta their freaking minds! They hear 7.3 and lose their minds.

9. OldSchoolPSD

OldSchoolPSD Senior Member

I must be sitting on a fortune then...

10. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

You could restore one for less.

11. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

I bought my 2003 7.3 F350 3 years ago for $17,500 with 100k on the ticker. 150k now and guess what its worth. $18,000! Can't believe it, but i'm not selling!

12. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

6 years ago i paid $12,000 for my 02 with 142,000 miles on it. it came with a snow plow.
    the other day i was offered $19,000 for it without the plow, and with 183,000 miles on it.

13. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

So are you sitting on a big stash of cash now?

14. OldSchoolPSD

OldSchoolPSD Senior Member

Anyone want to buy an OBS ford 7.3? Several to choose from...

15. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

I'd love too. But I'm not one of the zombie 7.3 cultists. Lol. I won't pay the stupid money they will. But honestly, if ya gotta couple, out em on ebay. There are some real dopes out there man.

16. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Some trucks are really holding value to them like equipment does now.

My dad has a mid eighties ag tractor that is worth 30% more now than what he paid for it in the 90's.

My mini skid steer, (bought at 9k) is still worth 9k after 4 years.

My mini backhoe attachment, (bought at 2k) is worth almost 4k today.

Mini skids, new, now go for 22K +.

It's unreal, value in trucks or equipment is now valued at "potential" profit or use from said equipment. Not the "actual" value of the machine.

17. DCS MN

DCS MN Senior Member

I have 3 '97 F350's. All for sale at any givin time for that kind of money.

All southern trucks!! No body rust and all under 100K!!

Who wants some of that action???

18. Robinson_Cnst

Robinson_Cnst Senior Member

I've been shopping for another Cummins truck, its unreal to see fifteen year old trucks at almost $20, 000! I blame it on the price of new trucks and the complexity of the diesels now.

19. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I agree. You have the older trucks that you can modify, actually service yourself, and if need be change a valve cover gasket without having to remove the cab from the frame...

A few years back, I paid $7000 for mine, rebuilt just about everything and from what I see on ebay, I could easily get $16k plus for it...

It's just not for sale....:nono:

20. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I can modify a new truck just as easy