1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Amazing Contractors Company Oak Park IL

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dfdsuperduty, Aug 16, 2010.

1. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

Guys I have heard from a couple of people that have already heard from this guy Danny Flowers requesting service for this year please save yourself and stay away from him we are currently in court trying to get the 28k he owes us. If you need more info contact Reliable Snow and Ice or myself for more info.

2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

you guys were trying to sue him last year too, is this still going on, update your situation

3. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the heads up!

4. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

This is still going on?

E-gads...

5. dfdsuperduty

still going on and on and on and on and on :realmad::realmad::gunsfiring::gunsfiring:

6. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

that sucks. question though, why did you guys let the account get that big? is that like two months payment or something. I rarely let customers go past 60 days, specially big accounts, because you know they all have money somewhere.

7. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

amazing

This sounds like an issue might be better solved in a dark alley

8. dfdsuperduty

I was given a excuse that sounded legit like It was a new company and had trouble with invoicing. Then he started with other excuses and on the advice of my attorney to continue the work. Hopefully this was a learning experience that will not ruin our business

9. dfdsuperduty

Well I have to thank plow site for leaving this thread up today it just saved a single father from dishing out 525.00 to Mr. Flowers so that he could be "bonded" threw the state. Does anyone know of someone at IDES I guess he is running this scam out of their office in broadview and charging people 25.00 for an application and then 525.00 to be bonded. I wonder if the state knows of this if not I would love to let them know.

10. GLORIASUSANADGO

GLORIASUSANADGO Junior Member

its official he took the thousand dollars and ran!!!!! he is still using the park districs of chicago to do his dirty work. i talked to the unemployment office today after he told me last week that he wasent gona need me for the season and that that money was not refundable .....i feel so stupid!!!!!

11. Stan

Stan Senior Member

We sure could use a designated forum to divulge these scam artist to prevent anyone from loosing money. Google is an amazing tool!
    What is or was the name of his new business?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  12. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

im surprised that all the contractors that have been screwed by this guy havent gotten together and had some "words" with this guy.......

13. dfdsuperduty

we would love to get together and have a "heart to heart" but the problem is finding him

14. Stan

Stan Senior Member

15. The Garden Guru

The Garden Guru Member

This is good to know. I ran into an issue last year with a guy from Mc Henry from Snow and Ice. Ordered 3 loads of salt and melt over 10k and then folded up shop in Feb without paying a dime. He owed a lot of people so they repo'd all his equipment. Turns out he had all his personal items in his wifes name so couldn't touch them. Now he's filing bankruptcy so I am going to get nothing. Just sux. I would too like a forum area about bad companies and sub contractors so we all protect ourselves against people like these

16. fishgeek

fishgeek Member
    from chicago

I agree it would be nice to have a section in the forum that you could tell other
    guys about Company’s that don’t pay there bills and also for contractors that don’t pay there sub’s.

17. dfdsuperduty

18. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Unfortunately there has not been a complaint with the BBB with the *****.

About 335,000 results (0.26 seconds)
    Search Results

Amazing ContractorsAmazing Contractors
    Place page
    6441 North Ave
    Oak Park, IL 60302-1031
    (708) 948-7286
    Train: Galewood Metra
    Get directions - Is this accurate?

Amazing Contractors Company Oak Park IL - PlowSite.com™ - Snow ...
    9 posts - 6 authors - Last post: Dec 9
    Amazing Contractors Company Oak Park IL Commercial Snow Removal. ... sounded legit like It was a new company and had trouble with invoicing. ...
    www.plowsite.com › ... › Commercial Snow Removal - Cached
    Get more discussion results
    Amazing Contractors - Oak Park, Illinois (IL) | Company Profile
    Amazing Contractors company profile in Oak Park, IL. Our free company profile report for Amazing Contractors includes business information such as contact, ...

Show map of 6441 North Ave, Oak Park, IL 60302
    www.manta.com/c/mtc1wtt/amazing-contractors - Cached

19. dfdsuperduty

Wow danny contacted me today and said he wants to make things right supposidly I will be getting a check in 2 weeks I have heard that b.s. before but we'll see thanks google and plowsite for putting this guy out there like you have

20. dfdsuperduty

I have tried to file a complaint with the BBB but they told me that they are not a collection agency. Secondly as you have probably figured he didn't pay so now he is locked up in Cook County Jail on separate charges and Once he clears his charges there then he will be facing my charges in Lake Co. Indiana