1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Am I too high??

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by ss502gmc, Nov 11, 2010.

1. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

Wondering if anyone thinks that charging $400 for a 36,000 sq ft lot without too many obstacles, plus salt, snowblowing 900 ft x 5ft walkways plus ice melt, and shoveling 4 stairways with ice melt is way too much? I dont think its that bad but i have a feeling ive been lowballed... Thoughts???

2. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Not sure what it is around your area. Around here that would be a little high i think. Depending what your costs are for ice melt.

3. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

It will cost me roughly around $70 for the salt for the lot and ice melt. Im using bagged salt for the tailgate spreader so its more pricey at almost $5 a bag and about $18 for a bag of calcium chlor for the walks. I dont know my market too much as ive always rolled with my own costs and what i think i should make and what i need to make.

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Your price is to high. Someone with bulk salt and who buys calcium at $10 a bag (our price) can beat that price easily.

5. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

That is true, Im working on getting a v box right now but i cant justify buying a new one so ive been searching for weeks for a decent used one but everyone wants top dollar for something thats sub par. I shouldnt have sold my old one i guess! Lesson learned

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I would keep looking and one will come around for you. They may be asking alot over the phone, but show them the cash and they usually will make a deal. Good Luck this year.