1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Am I the only one that hates snow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by HLS Wholesale, Jan 11, 2005.

1. HLS Wholesale

HLS Wholesale Senior Member

It sounds like a lot of you folks really love snow plowing. I like the money, and we do a lot of snow plowing...we do it well. But honestly, I hate it. I can't stand it. At best it's a necessary evil to keep the cash flow coming.

Am I the only one?

Dan

2. Apparently!! :drinkup:

3. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

I love the snow. :redbounce

4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

It a nice change from mowing all the time.I could do without the abuse the trucks get from plowing and getting up at crazy hours,but it looks awesome before all the sand makes a mess.

5. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

There's nothing like spending time in a toy I've spent alot of money on. I can make in one night of plowing what I do in an entire week working 60 hours at the factory. But your right, there are alot of crazy hours and its tough to drag your as$ out of bed to go back out. The Few. The Proud. The Snowplow Drivers.

Lol :rolleyes:

6. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

Mixed Feelings

1/2 Yes since half of my clients are on Seasonal Contracts(I get paid anyway)

1/2 No cause its fun and the money is good.

I hate the stress that goes along with it and waking up at all hours of the night. But honestly I have nothing else to do in the winter but Plow and Clean my Shop.

Jason

7. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

NO, I can't wait for this non winter to be over. I have 5 big landscape jobs ready as soon as I can get plants. Maybe If we had some snow to plow it would be differnt, but with no snow so far this year. I know it is going to suck getting shovelers if we get a big snow. Called them in 3 times for a big zero snow. It looks like todays storm is going to be a big zero too. I'm sure glad I laid out $50,000 in new equipment this year.

8. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

This guys Not one of us :gunsfiring:

9. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

yes, yes, yes!

10. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

I work full time in an office behind a desk at the computer all day.... I love plowing because it's a change of "scenery" and fun money.

11. LHlandscaping

LHlandscaping Junior Member

I don't particularly like destroying my truck but I do like the money it generates. I cannot wait for spring time either. This no snow winter has taken its toll on my nerves.

12. cc2004

cc2004 Member

An honest guy :waving: I hate snowplowing too.To me it's just something that we have to do,it's just part of the service but,i hate beating my equipment,getting it full of salt,paying stand by help,getting up and being up all the time,sore neck,sore back from plowing,having to deal with loaders not showing up,salt lines at 2 in the morning.The first year i started plowing i said it was my last.I've been plowing for 20 years.THANKS now i need a beer :drinkup:

13. ODwyerPW

ODwyerPW Junior Member

Nope. I hate it too. Let me re-phrase. I love snow. I hate plowing.

14. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

I like plowing so much my wife says my compition doesn't have a chance. She says if they under bid me I would keep droping my price till I was paying to plow.

It has never gotten to that so who am I to say.

15. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

My advice is, really, if you hate it that much - don't do it. Find something else. If you find something you really enjoy, the money will follow.

16. mister_snowplow

mister_snowplow Senior Member

I hear you jrm123180! I also work full time in an office, behind a computer. I love snow and I love plowing. I also love the feeling of when you finally finish your route...a great sense of accomplishment! :drinkup:

17. JUSTBE

JUSTBE Member

It is so refreshing to get out from behind the computer to plow and make some money.

Brent

18. mister_snowplow

mister_snowplow Senior Member

I couldn't agree with you more. Honestly, I'm more exhausted after a long day of sitting behind the computer then a long day/night of plowing...and I shovel/snowblow too. There is nothing better than breathing in that crisp air when it is snowing. :nod:

19. fordsrule

fordsrule Member

I love the snow even though i cant make much money off of it now do to me not having my licsense. But i do love snow. I think you might be the only one that doesnt.

20. dunedog

dunedog Senior Member

Snow I don't mind ....it's the snow ,turn to sleet ,turn to freezing rain...turn to sleet ...turn to snow,..turn to slush....turn to, I timed it wrong.... and now it's a frozen mess....that I HATE !!! :realmad:
    Plus most of mud season (April) in NE.