1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Am I the Only one.....I hope not!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LBL&LS, Nov 30, 2003.

1. LBL&LS

LBL&LS Junior Member

This is my first year in the plowing business and am running 4500's with dump beds 9ft Western Pro Plows and swenson saltspreaders. My first morning out I could not work the auger control and spreader control and dump control at the same time to get an even spread so I actually have trails of piles in a lot of places and even have a few piles laying around...(small piles in front of the store of course plus I was dealing with the idiots that walk in front of the big white truck with a twinkle lights). By the second account I was a pro everything went smooth and I had fun, but what do you do in the event you just make a mess. Do you call the store and tell them you had mechanical problems with your new equipment and pay for someone to clean up the mess...or is this somewhat typical and let it be?

Just curious from a newbie.:drinkup:
  2. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Personally I would probably leave things alone if they are not to bad. If they are, then I would probably return after the close of business and scatter the pile with the blade or with a shovel. I don't know how big the piles are, but If they are big enough to hire someone to clean them up, then you might need a backhoe or skid-loader instead of a shovel. To answer your question, it is perfectly normal to have technical difficulties on your first run. (always keep your eyes open for those idiots caught up in the twinkle light)