1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Am I The Olny One!!!!??????

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by hemi2008, Nov 30, 2005.

1. hemi2008

hemi2008 Member
    from Georgia

AM I THE OLNY ONE WITH A 4X4 DODGE DUALLY WITH A GASOLINE ENGINE?????????????????????????????:cry: What is it? I had a diesel. Olny thing i liked was the sound of the turbo. Ran cold in winter and i live in georgia. I had an 03 2500 regular cab cummins 4x2. I liked it. But i like my gas truck. Does what i need to do. And when i change oil and what not cost me a lot less. Even though i do it myself. 12 quarts of oil. That was fun! Anyone know of another gas dodge dually? haha

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

oil changes shouldn't cost you that much less- while I do use Mobil 1 which costs me about $50 in oil alone per change, I don't have to change it as much as a gasser- roughtly double the time. Dino oil diesel rated is as cheap as gas rated dino oil. Severe duty to a gasser is run of the mill to a diesel remember. 6K intervals from DC are really 8-10K per Cummins. With the full synthetic 12K intervals are not uncommon either. Less maintenance IMO but comprable in most cases. Most dually guys are heavy haulers who want the diesel specifically, but there are gassers I have seen a few. Duallys are uncommon up here in general around me at least.

BTW a CTD with the 3.56 rears will easily out perform the gasser in MPG. the 2500's with 4:10 get about 16, the 3.56 models get 24! Find a 3/4 ton gasser that get's 24....City no less.
  3. hemi2008

hemi2008 Member
    from Georgia

I know i know. I use to be a big diesel guy. No a gasoline engine will not get the same mpg's as a diesel. Although the newer diesel trucks are getting about 16 on highway. The older ones 20+. That is nice but if im not pulling over 12,000 pounds. I would go with gas. But if i had the money, i would have both.lol;)
  4. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

dad has a 03 ram 3500 QC dualie with a hemi. He hates the deisles for some reason *shrugs* He also has a 8' stainless fisher plow on it.
  5. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

the only Dodge Dually's i've seen with a gas engine are the old ones with the V-10. i guess Dodge only offers it because it is only 1 of 2 engines availabe since they don't offer a V-10 anymore
  6. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

To be honest up here in MN I would say at least a third or more of the older Dodge dually's 94 and newer are V-10's. But most of them just must have never drove a cummins. I bought my first Dodge this spring and LOVE the cummins and not would drive nothing else! I get 25 MPG highway 19 loaded and still have the power to move a house!
  7. hemi2008

hemi2008 Member
    from Georgia

A lot of the older ones also have the 5.9 V8. I have a buddy that has a 94 V10. He likes it. 330,000 miles. Olny replacement was the exhuast couple months ago.

8. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

My buddy from work just bought a '01 3500 2x4 with the V-10. He likes it a lot, but it drinks gas according to him.
  9. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

I plow for a company with a fleet of dodges. He has 3 Dodge 3500 Dually with the V-10, a 2500 with a V-10 I believe and 2 Dakotas with V-8's. Good trucks, work great plowing in the snow. The 3500's are a blast to drive after using my Ranger for personal use.
  10. Dirt_Werx

Dirt_Werx Senior Member
    from MASS

hey mike, my old boss had like a 96 3500 dually with the v-10 gas, like i said not sure of the year so if the v-10 wasn't available then please excuse me, it was a nice truck and sat up real high, prolly got around 14-16 mpg's and seemed to dog pulling big trailers but had no trouble getting out of its own way empty, had the auto tranny in it, personally I'm not a big dodge guy but i love the cummins and have a friend with a 91' power ram 350, has to be one of my all time favorites, all done up with all the toys, lights everywhere, and dual 5 inch chrome stacks out the back, he can really get it smoking and it sounds incredible, but ya your not the only one out there.