1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Am I supposed to be in Float Mode?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by JeffNY, Jan 16, 2007.

1. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Normal plowing, no shoes, do I just lower the blade till it hits the ground, or am I actually supposed to have it in 'Float' mode?

Just curious.

2. Rickco

Rickco Member

Float. If you are not and the ground contour drops your blade will not follow.

3. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

ha, thats what made me notice, I was like, wtf??
    Great, so now I have to hold the button down an extra 2 seconds, time is money.

Thanks.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just remember those 2 seconds are billable .:D

5. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

billing that is a new concept don't you need snow to do that

6. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I know what you mean, I normally just hold the controller in my lap with the button down my entire pass. Another thing you can try is double click the down buttin real fast and its will go to float. and a quick double click on the up will pull the plow to the very top.

7. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

I use a strip of velcro & hook it to my leg. I usually just hold the button down while I am going. I am usually lifting before I am stopped to so that way I am ready to back up.

8. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

That feature wasnt working this morning. Maybe I wasn't pressing it hard enough.

9. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

the double click feature works both ways. up and down. double down puts it into float mode. very handy. the first few times i did this going up i thought something was sticking on the controller. now i don't know how i lived with out it.

10. jryden145

jryden145 Member

Double click feature is only on the new controllers.

J