1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Am I Really Ready for Winter?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by rogindaUP, Jul 30, 2008.

1. rogindaUP

rogindaUP Junior Member

Greetings! I became the proud owner of a Blizzard 760 LT today.... complete with a '97 Suburban attached! :D From what I've read here about the 760, I think I got a real good deal on the rig ($4400). The seller put the plow on in 2005, & it looks in very good shape. So I'm really happy with the plow! (What a relief to know I've got that lined up before snow starts flying again!) BUT! ....It's actually the SUBURBAN I'm getting a little nervous about! It runs very very smooth, drives well, seems very solid. But I know from experience, 3 years' of plowing can be pretty rough on a vehicle. (Had a 7.5' Western on a F150, 1994 - 02; just about demonished the truck in that time.) So I'd be really happy to hear from anybody else on here who's had experience with a Blizzard 760 on an 11 or 12 year old Suburban! Is the plow really too heavy for the vehicle? If so, is there a kit available to beef up the front end? It's a 1500, auto. I know it's a bit off-topic, but still related: Are there any possible (or inevitable) problems/concerns I should be aware of? Watch for? Tips? Suggestions? Can I pretty much count on this rig getting me through the next several plowing seasons?

2. Jgrub75

Jgrub75 Member

I can't judge the suburban without seeing it. I can tell you I have a 99 tahoe with a plow on it it does just fine. If it is a 1500 suburban than I would recomend a set of timbrens for the front end, And maybe a tbar crank on the front. besides that you should be fine. Any other questions I would be glad to help.