1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Am I "nuts"??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by EZSnow, Aug 26, 2003.

1. EZSnow

EZSnow Senior Member

Tell me if you guys have heard this before...

If there is a heavy 'crop' of acorns, there will be alot of snow the following winter.

Maybe some of you guys who do greenwork in the off-season could shed some light on this. I'd also be interested in any other wives-tale/ almanac style predictors.

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Only way I have of predicting how much snow we will have is by how many problems I have.The fewer drivers I have,and the more equipment that breaks,the more it snows. :D

Oh....and the other one would be whatever the so called weathermen predict....it will be the opposite. :realmad:

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

almanac claims that we will have a very harsh winter

4. EZSnow

EZSnow Senior Member

no kidding- I want a job where I can get paid in full to be WRONG
  5. chris k

chris k Senior Member

yah they say lots of acorns or I have heard if there are large pine cones we will get a lot of snow. I'll tell you what...ask me next April and then I can tell you how much snow there was. I just saw a report on the new last nite saying another snowy winter for us in MA. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

Cardoctor is the harsh winter for the whole northeast? What about NY that has only 2 seasons anyway(summer/winter). Just curious as to how many plow jobs i should take on.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

take as may as possible
    if we get hammered with snow
    sub out what you cant handle
    if we dont get much at least you made some $$$$$

may the snow gods be with you:nod: :eek:
  8. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Ive heard all the major news outlets in CT predicting a harsh long cold winter. The farmers almanac for the Northeast region predicts a fairly harsh winter with snows through mid April.

9. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

I'm hoping for a very snowy winter. Can't wait for the first flakes of the new season. Bring on the snow old man winter:D
  10. wyldman

wyldman Member

Mike - I like the mid April storms,as our contracts end April 1st.Any storms after that are billed additional.We had a few good ones this year in April. payup
  11. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

it must be a doozie of a winter coming, we have 10" long pine cones from our Colorado Blue Sruce tree. It has never coned before and it is about 20 years old payup
  12. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

i cant wait to get rid of the heat as far as the almanic is concerned 2 seasons ago it said it as going to be a bad winter i only plowed 2 times