1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Am I missing something with my TGSUVPROA (long)

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by heavychevy01, Dec 11, 2008.

1. heavychevy01

heavychevy01 Member

So I bought a buyers model TGSUVPROA spreader last year around the end of March, got it cheap from Angelo's, couldn't pass up the deal. Hooked it up and put (bagged) salt in the hopper to test it out, powered it up, spinner spins, no salt comes out? Salt was a little damp so I figure no problem, I understand it isn't a "real spreader" and it's jamming. Take the salt out and and figure the next time we get a storm I'll try it with dry bagged salt. Just my luck we don't have a storm, so I store it for the summer.

Well here we are, the first ice/snow storm of the season, put 3 50lb bags of salt in the hopper, well below the rated 320lbs, turn it on and NOTHING! Spinner doesn't spin at first, get it going with my hand, and no salt comes out. What the heck am I missing? Now dont get me wrong, I LOVE spreading salt by hand in the freezing rain on my lots as much as the next guy but I thought I bought a salt spreader! No matter what type of bagged salt i put in it, nothing, spinner spins, nothing comes out. I believe I got hosed on this one and learned a valuble lesson. I f your going to buy a tailgate spreader, spend the extra money and get a fisher, western or any of the others out there!

Sorry for the rant but I'm wet, cold and now my arms are tired, so you can see my frustration. This is the last thing I wanted to do.
  2. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I don't know too much about these but I know they make a model that has a manual chute opening meaning you have to open the chute then run to the truck, does yours have the cigarette lighter plug w/ the on/off switch if so thats what it is
  3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

you have the inside variable speed control . the biggest thing i have found on these is the spreader auger get put on and it pushes the key out of the keway on the shaft and the set screw will not hold the shaft . :salute:
  4. heavychevy01

heavychevy01 Member

Well, chalk this one up to my stupidity!:realmad: I have no idea how, but the wires got crossed somewhere and reversed the spin. Explains alot. No salt can come down if the auger is pushing it back up. Thanks guys for your help!