1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Am I lowballing?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Snowman7, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Snowman7

Snowman7 Member
    from WI

Don't want anyone to do the figures for me but what to see if my numbers are close at all. Property is a grocery store lot is a total of 64000 sqft with 411ft of side walks to clear. I have a 8' snoway with a set of 9" wings with a tailgate spreader. I am figuring roughly a hour and half to clear lot and another half hour to do side walk. Salt I figured 20#'s per 1000sqft so about 1300#'s. Thinking $260 to salt and $175 to clear per push. Don't hold back I want all the feedback.

2. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

i dont know how mutch snow it fall at your place but down here a lot that big require at least a backhoe or a loader something big to plile up snow and a 8 ft blade on a pick up if it fall a good 8 or 10 inche your not gonna do it sorry to brek your dream

and even if you got a loader with a 12 ft blade an hour and a half for 64000 sqft is a bit under estimate but it alwse depent on configuration of that 64000 sqft

good luck in your project

3. Snowman7

Snowman7 Member
    from WI

The lot is a perfect rectangle with only a few light posts. Can push snow all to one end.

4. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Pretty good bid I think if its open I recently bid an open lot of 70,000 for $185 per push and 275.00 to salt. Let me know how you make out !!

5. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Oh and if you get an average of 25 pushes with salt every time you will be makin little over 10 grand !!!!!

6. Snowman7

Snowman7 Member
    from WI

How long do you think it would actually take to push 4" and salt? Am I off on that?

7. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Good couple hrs but depends if its powder or wet packed!

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Plow time is going to vary. Traffic during the day will really slow you down. Presalting will help reduce the hardpack too. I'd allow at least 2 1/2 hours to start, till you get the hang of it.

9. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

1.25 hr to plow 2-4. with wings on.