1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

aM i GOING TO HAVE TO CUT MY BUMPER?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by roblandscape, Sep 25, 2005.

1. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

I have a 2003 GMC 2500Hd. I just bought a Meyer plow with the tube mount. Will I have to cut the bumper :eek: when I install the mounting carton. Any Pics.
    Thanks For Your Time. Tim

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

No, just unbolt it. Then you can reinstall it when you go to sell the truck.
    Of course I'm talking about the plastic center section at the bottom of the bumper.

3. roblandscape

from Phila

Thats going to look pretty ugly, are you sure it has to be cut if I dont take it off?

4. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Mine is taken off, you cant even tell, it actually looks better, imo

5. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

GUYS.......pretty sure the GMC bumper/airdam is 1 piece and can't
    be seperated like the Chevys. My airdam is removed also !

6. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I have to agree with Geo... besides the GMC's would look nasty with out that lower valance... My suggestion would be to put the truck side mount on the cut the valance as close as you can and it should not look to bad. I know it sucks to have to cut it, but peronally I would have rather cut my air dam if it ment my ultra mount (with the recievers on... not removed) would have more ground clearance....

7. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

My air damn was originally off. But I wasn't a big fan of driving down some of the highways around here without it on so I ended up cutting it. It looks like crap now only because I had to cut through to the tow hook holes. I have a new one in my garage for when the truck gets sold.

Just take your time and trim a little with each pass until you get just what you need.

8. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

FlyKelly Mike.................Hey.....You had/have a new GMC.
    What did you do with your bumper/airdam ?

You posted about it before.......DUH ...I forgot what ya did !!!!!!!!!
    geo......... :drinkup:

9. roblandscape

from Phila

Bttt Has anyone ever seen this mount on this style of truck?