1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Am i going to have problems?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by mcwlandscaping, Aug 16, 2007.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I have basically bathed my plow in fluid film! Now, i want to grind it down and basically repaint it all. Will i have any problems using fisher paint having it stick because of the FF i used so much on it?
  2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I can't say for certain, but Simple Green should clean any residual FF off. Besides, you'll be taking off the paint anyway. Look into sandblasting it -- you can get one (I think) at Taylor
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Use brake clean or a good degreaser and a hot water pressure washer if you can find one. Then get a wire wheel for your grinder, they work great for getting all the rust blisters off and roughing up the good paint. Then take varsol or laquer thinner and wipe the blade down a few times and then it's ready for paint. We have got a few blades blasted as said above and that is the best but if you have the time you can save money by doing it yourself. Personally I love painting but the clean up sucks. JMO
  4. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Sorry about not answering sooner, although my job was done well for me. Thanks for the replies guys! I've been away on vacation.
  5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Well, i didn't have any problems!!! the rust treatment i did to all the metal parts probably took care of even the tinyest bit of residue from the fluid film.......you better believe that the finished plow will be coated in fluid film!!
  6. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

just dont forget to warn your friends before they lean on it or touch it:realmad: