1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Am I dead in the water? Blizzard plow making loud whining and moving VERY slow...

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by RamirezOrchards, Nov 11, 2010.

1. RamirezOrchards

RamirezOrchards Member
    from CT

Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is? Every motion, the wings and buttons seems to work but it goes extremely slow. I checked the fluid and it is fine, cleans out the valve screens and nothing. Does it seem as if it could be the motor?

I have a Blizzard 810pp. Thanks :waving:

2. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

It would be cheap to have the motor checked do that first

3. RamirezOrchards

RamirezOrchards Member
    from CT

I would but and hoping that someone can maybe point me in the right direction if they have experienced this problem. Right now I cannot move the plow where it is unless I bring my tractor over from my cabin. Perhaps someone has had a similar problem?

4. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

never had this problem but that would be my next step

5. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

check all of your battery connections first way cheaper than a motor

6. babs2972

babs2972 Junior Member

Have you found out what was wrong with your plow?? please post just incase we have the same problem we can fix. Thank you

7. Snowguy01

Snowguy01 Senior Member
    from Erie

I had a plow do that it was something like the gear in the pump/ motor break I think. have it looked at it take the pump and motor unit off the plow and take it to have it looked at

8. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

I would check all your battery and all the other connections first, but dielectric grease on all of them. Then pull the fluid filter. You could of have gunk clog it preventing flow. That is what i would before pulling the pump. Those are the easiest things to do first.

9. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

I had a solienoid suck my screen in and it jammed everything up before. The plow got stuck in the angle position

10. damian

damian Senior Member

check the fluid in the res. see if it is foamy.if it is,check to see if the suction screen\tube has flipped up and is sucking air.good luck.

11. RamirezOrchards

RamirezOrchards Member
    from CT

Took apart the resevoir and found this. I know the screen needs to be cleaned/replaced, but where does the elbow tube hook up to (attached to the magnet)?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. RamirezOrchards

RamirezOrchards Member
    from CT

Plow is fixed! Flushed the system, replaced with nre blue low temp fluid and adjusted the drop speed to my liking. My plow is now running 100% and is ready for the first snow fall. Thanks for all the help and I hope if someone has a similar problem that they can also use the same info I used :)

13. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Good to know.

Now make sure that every year you take the reservoir off and clean the filter then put in fresh fluid. This will prevent the same problem down the road.