1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Am I Crazy?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by jwalker371, Mar 8, 2008.

1. jwalker371

jwalker371 Junior Member
    from Alaska

I am considering giving a customer a bid for year round service to include all plowing, mowing, fer.spring/fall cleanups, and here is the crazy part all sanding and walkway service all for a monthly or season price. I have two seasons of records documenting the average but I just don't know if two seasons are adequate. I usually always t/m sanding and walkway de-icing. Any thoughts?
  2. jwalker371

jwalker371 Junior Member
    from Alaska

so everyone must be out plowing or something. huh?
  3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Never include sanding/salting with an all-inclusive contract. They'll expect WAY more than you counted on.
  4. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

I will never include salting or sanding in a contract price. So far this year I'm over 5x over what I estimated that I'd use for the entire season! Time & material or a flat rate is the only way to go.
  5. jwalker371

jwalker371 Junior Member
    from Alaska

Thanks for the input. After giving it much thought I came to the same conclusion.
  6. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

im going to answers your questions. yes your crazy. screw that
  7. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

write up a proposal listing each thing

mowing $_________ (however you charge)
    Cleanup$__________ (however you charge) assuming this is for fall leave cleanup
    fertalizer$__________ per application or whatever per bag
    Plowing $__________ per push
    sanding $ __________ per ton
    salting $___________ per ton
    gas surcharge!!!! $$$$________________________ ill leave room for the millions place. lol

hope that helps