1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Am I crazy for this bid?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by PriorityCleanin, Aug 19, 2016.

1. PriorityCleanin

PriorityCleanin Member

This property is 423,741 square ft. We are in Virginia. This property belongs to a major retailer. A national company requested my bid. I specifically told them my pricing is based on direct bid to the customer. They can come back to me if this isn't their cup of tea. I know I overbid because it's a national and they're cheap as ****. But this property isn't just for a 8ft v plow.

All inclusive snow and ice control services - full season pricing (snow hauling is a separate fee) $ 128,350

Event Pricing

Level 1 Up to 3.0 inches of snow clearance & ice control (deicing) (all-inclusive) $ 8230

Level 2 3.1 - 6.0 inches of snow clearance & ice control (deicing) (all-inclusive)$ 13300

Level 3 6.1 - 9.0 inches of snow clearance & ice control (deicing) (all-inclusive) $ 18500

Level 4 9.1 - 12.0 inches of snow clearance & ice control (deicing) (all-inclusive) $ 23700

Level 5 per inch in excess of 12.0" (to be invoiced along with Level 4) (all-inclusive) $ 350 / in

Entire Site Deicing Ice Control for entire lot (only when no snow clearance is necessary) $ 4511

Partial Site Deicing Ice Control for only partial lot (only when no snow clearance is necessary) $ 2255

2. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

What do you (or your potential client) mean by event pricing? Per service event or per weather event? You make no mention of sidewalks...are they included?

I assume the property is in Virgina. Relatively low snow totals for the winter. If so I can't make sense of your all inclusive price. Especially if your not servicing the sidewalks.

FredG likes this.
  3. PrecisionS&I

PrecisionS&I Member
    from Ohio

Seems way high to me, but if that's the pricing in Virginia I think I'm loading up and moving for the winter.
    Your price of $4511 for salting the lot works out to be about $1100 a ton.

4. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

No mention of service requirements (although at those prices one would assume constant service) or what machine(s) are going on the property. And as TCLA pointed out, same for sidewalks.

And most importantly, number of services per season, plowing and salting.

I think you're out to lunch on those prices unless y'all get a lot more snow than anywhere I've ever known in VA.

5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

My math is probably off. Your getting roughly 820.00 an acre every three inches. Please let us know the results of your bid. Good luck.

6. PriorityCleanin

PriorityCleanin Member

Yes salt and sidewalks are included in those prices. The sidewalks alone are about 2 miles worth almost. Also estimate snow fall this season is about the same as last season here in va if not more.

7. PriorityCleanin

PriorityCleanin Member

This property will have dedicated crew yes. Trigger point is 2 inches.

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Didn't read it..........but if you have to ask......

9. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

Roughly 10 acres. 12,800 per acre seasonal in Virginia? Sign me up......

FredG likes this.
  10. John_DeereGreen

You're dreaming. Cut that down by 75% and you'll be close.

FredG likes this.
  11. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

:rolleyes:But I thought I could get rich doing this:hammerhead:

Not only are you charging something out of this world, but you're doing through a national....as a sub!

12. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Long range weather forecast are aboot as accurate as Stevie Wonder shooting a Barrett .50 at 1500yrds.......

FredG likes this.
  13. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

These questions on pricing keep getting funnier...

14. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Washington DC is in the VA. area and people down there pay stupid money for things so you never know.

FredG likes this.
  15. John_DeereGreen

They'd have to be stuck on stupid to pay this kinda money.

16. PriorityCleanin

PriorityCleanin Member

ok I don't know what you guys are thinking maybe you guys like to work for free. Last year I had several banks ranging from 20k sq ft up to 30k sq ft. Up to 5 inches of snow I got paid over $700. over 5 inches over 1100k over 12 inches was close to 1600k. those prices included salt and sidewalks and trigger point was 2 inches. Also before I bid on this current price I did some investigation. Pricing is very close to what TaskEasy is charging. Very close to what some of my industry friends would charge in this area. Now, I will say that I went higher on the seasonal price. But I let them know that was negotiable. Last year I did contract with a national and to be fair they did pay way way way late.

17. John_DeereGreen

That's higher than Jersey pricing. I'm having a difficult time believing it.

18. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Those are some crazy prices. Pricing in Michigan is so low that I get sponorship from a homeless child in Africa.

19. PriorityCleanin

PriorityCleanin Member

not sure how I can prove it to you. But that's what the subs got paid last year. if you go to taskeasy.com and just put in a virginia address to be specific a woodbridge. I'll try and find an address like that and post it on here. trace of 35k sq ft and you'll see what they're charging.

20. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

If you can get that, by all means, get it. Let me know how it turns out, I might just move down there. Be worth some serious equipment investments with those prices.