1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

am i covered

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ajman21, Jan 18, 2010.

1. ajman21

ajman21 Senior Member

i just rolled my truck a week ago:cry: we all got out fine and i have a replacement truck already. my question is my plow is 7'6", will it still cover my tires at full angle (went from a s10 to what u see in my avatar) or should I purchase some wings to attach to the blade to make it round 8'+. i know were to get them for a good price just would like to know if its worth the money?
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  2. starc

starc Senior Member

A 7.5 used to be very normal on full size trucks at one time...I don't see a problem myself .
  3. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

No problem but wings are nice.
  4. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I have prowings on a 7.5 and it perfect. I have about a 9 footer now with the wings and I love it. Very productive. I did use just the 7.5 with my 3/4 ton and you can get it done. The extra width is nice though.
  5. big acres

big acres Senior Member

You upgraded trucks the hard way for sure. Wings would be the cheapest way to bring the plow up to better match the trucks ability -imo.
  6. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Sorry to hear about your accident. That plow would be fine at full angle on your new truck. Wings would help cover your tires but really not needed. Good luck.
  7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Get the wings.
  8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

ditto but there not a nessecity...except for me
  9. jdo150

jdo150 Member

our 2500 HD has a 7.5' on it and it works fine. But hey who doesn't want a bigger plow so if you come across wings for cheap why not get them.
  10. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

A 7.5 is enough, but since you were used to it on a S-10 I would add the wings.
  11. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I think it depends on your use- an S10 w/7.5' was probably strictly driveways? If so than a 9' blade may be to big for some of them-just a thought.
  12. ajman21

ajman21 Senior Member

yes i had been considering this i was thinking the wings cant be that hard to remove, would be nice now that I have a truck that i could handle more weight, i could have the wings when needed.