1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Am i close?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Ezdayman, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Ezdayman

Ezdayman Junior Member

i have been beating myself up on this.. the lot is 429,423 sq ft. only a few islands otherwise its just open lots. the one lot is 300,000 the across the street lot is 129k sq ft. im thinking of a price around 124,000 for the season. 2 skids 12ft buckets. , 3 f350s. any help would be great!! i can figure out prices on burger kinds, gas stations but this is 7 times bigger then normal.. thank you!

2. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

You need to re evaluate your equipment list.

You're not ready for an account of this size.

3. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

3 Skids and 4 Dodge Cummings????....

4. Ezdayman

Ezdayman Junior Member

lol says you..the last company only used 2 bob cats so..... the other mall i have is 250ksqft a did that in 2.5 hrs. with 2 trks.. tnks bud!

5. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

OK Bud...We will be serious for a moment...It's 10 acres give or take...I assume what you mean by "buckets" you mean pushers...Have you ever run a skid in wet snow witha 12 foot "Bucket"??? How long do you think it will take to get said 10 acres done with said equipment??..Any walks or Salting on this 10 acres???

FredG and ktfbgb like this.
  6. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

Well if you already have one half that size then double the price and there you go. Guess you don't need the help.

Not sure how you did 6 acres with 2 truck in 2 hours but hey what do I know. Maybe it's just for a 1/2" of snow?

In all seriousness though $35,000 for the season sounds about right :terribletowel:

FredG likes this.
  7. Ajlawn1

Ajlawn1 Senior Member

I would say bump it a bit 45ish, but obviously trigger/tolerances would factor in....

8. John_DeereGreen

Sounds like you've got it all figured out. What do you need us for?

FredG likes this.
  9. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

Wasn't thinking of that Thumbs Up:terribletowel:

10. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

LoL Yesterday I told a guy looks like you got it all figured out, Started a war when some :terribletowel:chimed in. Thumbs Up

ktfbgb likes this.
  11. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

Did you ever stop to think that is why they are no longer doing it?

Randall Ave likes this.
  12. John_DeereGreen

Who da thunk it.