1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Am I asking to much for my truck? (be honest my feelings wont be hurt)

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by keith79, Apr 21, 2008.

1. keith79

keith79 Junior Member

Hello all,

I have listed my truck online on craigs list (item # 619893228), listed it in the local tell n sell, and parked it on busy roads. I realize that diesel fuel is quite expensive now, but all and all, I still feel like I am asking a fair price for my truck. $10,000.00. It is in decent shape, I really don't want to sell it, I love it, but I have a company truck provided for me with a company gas card, so I don't use my truck at all, it just stays parked in my driveway. I just recently got married (this past august), the truck is paid for but could use the money. I just need yalls honest opinion on whether or not it is a good deal. The truck is a 2000 ram 2500 2wd, 24v cummins turbo diesel, 175,600 miles on it. It has a break module, a goose neck hitch, a K & N cold air intake kit, new batteries, new starter, new altenator, rhino liner, it does need a new set of tires, it is a laramie with leather and power everything, never smoked in. Pictures can be seen on craigs list, just enter in the item number in the search field. What do yall think?
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Here's why I wouldn't pay $10k...High miles, it's 2wd, you admit you've done a lot of towing with it. Sounds to me like it's worn out.

Secondly, you don't say if it's auto or manual, it needs tires and you don't have any interior pics.

3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes way high. It's a high miled 4x2 truck, around here you would be lucky to get $6000 for it
  4. keith79

keith79 Junior Member

I apologize, the truck is in fact an automatic, I have never done any towing with it other than a small boat which even then was mimimal becuase the boat stays in the water. The original owner used it to haul a horse trailer becuase he and his wife barrel raced horses. I mainly used it to drive back and forth to work in bluffton, south carolina as well as my last two years at college. 90% of the miles on it are highway miles that are well maintained. I always use lucas oil additive in it, the truck is really tight even though it is an eight year old truck. The blue book on it came in around 11,550, so this is why I started out at 10,000 because of it needing a new set of tires. I appreciate the input though.
  5. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Down south by you I would think a 4x2 truck would be easier to sell due to the lack of snow...

RODHALL Senior Member

First put in the ad – Auto or manual.
    Add photos of the interior

Yes I think you’re high. Tires are not cheep, 175k is a good bit on a automatic. 175K is not a bunch of miles on a CTD but is still hurts. 2wd also hurts. It looks to be a short bed –if that is the case it also hurts.

Market- contractors look for std cab long bed 4x
    Quad cab 2x4 short bed are more of a home owner (do it yourselfer)/ small family truck. Both want hop in and drive.
  7. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

Bottom line is that you may be able to get what you're asking... As with anything that is for sale, if it is WORTH it to the BUYER they'll pay it, if not they won't! -Actually pretty simple! So ask whatever you want, if it doesn't move, -and you still want to sell, you'll lower the price, -if you don't want to sell it at a lower price, you'll keep it! Good luck!
  8. keith79

keith79 Junior Member

Thanks for the input guys. Hopefully, I will sell it, the price for fuel down here is around 4.18 to 4.25 per gallon. I am trying to hold off on tires becuase I am not sure what the "potential buyer" wants on it, a radial, an all terrain, D rated, E rated, etc. The interior is not in bad shape to be 8 years old. I was trying to market it for a horse family as that is what its original use was. I appreciate all of yalls responses.
  9. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i just bought a CTD, 2500 4x4 auto 216,000 with a western 8 pro plow, decent shape, some minor rust developing, $4000