1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

always using quad instead of truck.

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by jasburrito, Feb 25, 2015.

1. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

So this was my first winter plowing new longer drive. I had bayou 220 2x4 with plow. Thought it would be nice to have plow truck too. After using both I prefer the quad. Anyone else prefer there quad over there truck. I do use my truck if there is over 3 inch build up. I am gonna step up to a 4x4 in the future. I will post pic in a bit.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Weren't you so gunho on getting your plow all hooked up, posts after posts about it. And now you still plow with the quad. Interesting
  3. absolutely

absolutely Senior Member

Interesting heater setup. I would hate for you to hit something that puts you to a dead stop. Fried skin and hair stinks.
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Omg.....I didn't see that at first.

Well could be the go fast injection? I know diesels used to use it, why not gas?

That's for busting through the big drifts without 4x4
  5. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

You guys make me laugh my azz off. thanks. My cheeks hurt. Its a good spot for the heater when fishing and moving spot to spot. Works good for plow heat too. Thanks again.
  6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I plowed with my 4-wheeler for two Winter when I was 13 and 14. When I was 15 I bought a 3/4 ton Chevyvwith an 8' Fisher. I can't say that I've ever wanted to go back to my 4-wheeler. Plowing with a truck is so much better in pretty much every scence. I still have the plow for my 4-wheeler in case I ever have a walkway to plow and I can't fit my truck in the future.
  7. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Ya i like plowing in a t shirt so a quad is out of the question
  8. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I can't plow without heat, satellite radio, cup holders, a few spare parts, a shovel just in case, etc. I would think it'd be a problem keeping all of my paperwork straight as well
  9. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Well, 4-wheelers are easier to steer, require less clearance, easy to get unstuck.... but suck when it comes to actually moving anything substantial.
  10. Diesel_brad

Diesel_brad Senior Member

if my 4 wheeler had a cab and power angle I would prefer it.

BUT since it doesnt, I chose the truck EVERY time. 4 wheeler is strictly for a backup
  11. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

4 wheeler with a cab and power angle... I think they call those "jeeps".
  12. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

my extreme cold setup.

at this time I had power angle from the seat.

for what its worth.

Plowed in -4 weather at night and was OK but I was layered up with like 4 layers of clothes as well.

this has been my primary plow rig since 02 and has handled all I have asked it to due.

If I get to cold plowing since I only plow at my own house I just stop and go inside to warm up for 10 minutes.

cab cost me $160 have had it for 5 years and only used the first year but I have it at the ready if I need to plow and its super cold.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  13. gasjr4wd

gasjr4wd Senior Member

Wait... that really IS a heater?
    And to the other poster - if you are getting your plow truck stuck you are doing it wrong.
    Get a jeep w/decent plow and call it a day. Putting a plow on a quad is just another way to justify buying the toy to the wife.