1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Always has to be the first.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by JasonL, Dec 18, 2008.

1. JasonL

JasonL Junior Member
    from midwest

first post on a new forum:dizzy:

I have been plowing in the past for an employer that I use to work for, and ran a skidsteer last year for a guy that post as Mullis on here.

this year looking for some extra income I went out and bought a small plow.

We have a 2007 F250 w/powerstroke turbo that we use to pull a 30' race trailer sitting doing nothing.

Tomorrow I go pick up a 8' Boss v-blade for it. Bring it back to the shop and try to figure out how to install itpurplebou Right now I have more time than money and a heated/clean race shop that I can work in. Hell putting the plow on the truck should be worth some laughs.

Please feel free to point and giggle.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Good luck!!!!:waving:
  3. TurfKing360

TurfKing360 Member

First time installing a plow, good luck. We have installed all our boss plows its not complicated but just incase this might help.

4. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Welcome to Plow Site. Good luck putting your plow on. I would never try it because I wouldn't have anyone to take it back to if it didn't work right.

There is a lot of knowledge here on PS but you will get even more if you read all the past posts.
    Good Luck.
  5. JasonL

JasonL Junior Member
    from midwest

Thanks for the welcome.

I have spent the last 4 days reading the old post on the site before I registered.
  6. JasonL

JasonL Junior Member
    from midwest

This is more my speed on the baby pic. I would like to say that I grew into my ears, but I didnt they are still big.
  7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Ask in the Boss forum or go to the Boss website and download the installation, owners and parts manuals. Well worth it. I just put a Boss V on a truck and it was straightforward.
  8. Snowchief

Snowchief Member

Paint flames on the plow when you're done.

Flames + name of race shop. Free advertising!
  9. JasonL

JasonL Junior Member
    from midwest

Finally got the plow today. Opened all the boxes, and here we go. 9:43 pmwesport
  10. plownoob

plownoob Senior Member
    from ny

how bout some progress pictures?
  11. JasonL

JasonL Junior Member
    from midwest

Sorry, dont have the digital camera at the shop.

Im on page 7 of 28 Plow sides are together with coupler assembly to push frame done.

I might be dead in the water, book calls for thread sealant compound and not to use thread tape on the hydralic hoses. Of course all I can find is 4 things of thread tape.:realmad:
  12. JasonL

JasonL Junior Member
    from midwest

Cant find any thread crapola, going home.