1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Always be aware of what's around you.

Discussion in 'Snow Management Safety & Training' started by BUFF, Mar 21, 2013.

1. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

2. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

what a shame ... That guys going to be scared for life.

3. craigd

craigd Member

This is a horrible story. I sat and stared at my computer screen for a few minutes after reading it. I put myself in his shoes for a minute...and a minute is about all I could handle. Tragic accidents can happen at any time...it doesn't matter if you are plowing your own driveway or a 5 acre lot. People who have never operated a plow truck will never know how stressful it can be. Plowing is dangerous in the daylight with bright sunshine...it's a whole other game when it's dark, snowing, wind blowing 30mph, other cars on the road, windows refuse to defrost, etc. We've all been there. I feel terrible for this guy.

4. xgiovannix12

Well said Thumbs Up

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

When you're home were there's less (so we think) hazards you tend to let your guard is down and it's then when accidents happen.
    I can honestly say I let my guard down when I'm doing stuff at my place or my folks. I've hurt myself more at home than at any job and i could alway have been prevented if I had used the same caution when on a job.

6. xgiovannix12

so true I can agree to this.

7. Snown13

Snown13 Junior Member

That is exactly right. I too am guilty. I feel for the family of that boy. It is however a good reminder to us that it can happen to anyone at any time. Be attentive and let god be on your side.Thumbs Up

8. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

This is sad for sure. I just wonder how long this guy had been out plowing. Something for all the cowboys on here to think about when they think its ok to do a 30+ hour stretch with no sleep. We've all been guilty of it at some point, myself included. Seems like the worst accidents happen when you're tired and not attentive.

9. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

I always end up doing my own driveway last, a lot of us probably do. Very sad to hear this.

10. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Terrible tragedy.On a different twist,I have street urchins[aka pros,crackheads] in the wee hours of the morning always crossing behind me as I'm backing up.Sometimes I truly think they want me to hit them to start a lawsuit.