1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Aluminum Intakes

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by TracStr400, Mar 22, 2000.

1. TracStr400

TracStr400 Junior Member

I have an '87 Chevy with 350 TBI. I know I want the Edelbrock Performer intake. But I don't know if I want to get a high rise version or the regular version. What are the pros and cons of each version.
  2. Doug406

Doug406 Member

RPM version(highrise) More top end power<br>Performer(low) more torque.<br>The RPM is great for torque to though, and you are running tpi(good valocity) so go with the RPM
  3. ChucksChevyPages

ChucksChevyPages Guest

I agree with Doug. Go with the RPM. It's a Performer, so it's dual plane design. Exactly what you want. Either choice would work fine. Now if you said you wanted to put a Torker, or Torker 2, I'd say no. That is a single plane design, meant for top end power. If you were building a strip / street car, you'd want a single plane. That is something many people overlook, when buying a new manifold, single or dual plane.<p>~Chuck<p>----------<br>Chuck's Chevy Truck Pages - Snowplowing Central<br>http://www.chuckschevytruckpages.com/snowplowingcentral.html