1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

aluminum flatbed brands?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pipelayer, Mar 15, 2016.

1. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

hey all, looking to upfit one of my shortbed trucks, preferably my dodge with an aluminum flatbed. i thought about fabricating a steel one, but the look of the aluminum with the stainless sander and plow ill be running next season will look better. i just dont know where to start, id like the best bang for the buck if possible, but i also want something thats good quality. ive seen moritz beds and those look nice, but id like to find a dealer around, im in CT but ill travel new england if the deal is good enough. thanks in advance. if it helps any, im looking for one with a gate option, stake pockets, and LED lighting. also, how do these hold up to weight in them, a buddy says his aluminum trailer continually gets stress cracks?
  2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

4. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Are you going to make it dump. The next bed I build if I ever do might be aluminum. Still weighing the pros and cons.
  5. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Use your dollars to an average, eloquip in Ontario is one of the leaders