1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Aluminum Dump Bed

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by DIG'EM, Oct 1, 2001.

1. DIG'EM

DIG'EM Junior Member

Ive got a f450. would like an aluminum dump bed,with a telescopic hoist help me out.

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Well there is a guy over in princton ,Ma that custom make dump beds most on fords that I hav seen I think that his web site is www.road-craft.com shows you alot of bodies all out of alumminum.

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

EBY also makes aluminum bodies. I beleive they are a livestock equipment company, but I have a 8'x8' flatbed with scissors hoist. It is a nice unit.
    Smith also makes a stainless unit that I believe is telescoping.
    I saw one at the Big E fair on 9-29-01
    Dino

4. DIG'EM

DIG'EM Junior Member

what do you think the price on an aluminum bed is . what do you think the weight difference will be ?

5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I never priced one but I just got a price on an 8' airflow body steel with all the equipment needed for it to dump installed and painted for $4,400 now alluminum I would think would be more so I would take aguess and say $600-$1,000 more than the steel body that I just quoted.As far as wieght they are about 600Lb lighter I think.Best think to do would be to call your local truck bodie distributer for more percise answers then you will get better pricing and options for it.