1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Aluminum Connection

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Hookedtrout, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Hookedtrout

Hookedtrout Junior Member

I have an older Sno-Way with the aluminum twist lock connection for the plow. It ices up and is very difficult to take the cap off to connect the plow etc. My question is can this be changed to a more simple connection like a 7 way trailer connection? I'm not interested in investing in a new wire harness or wireless system I just want to put on a new male and female plug and I'm looking for advice on what would work good that is simple, I like the lift up flap on the 7 way trailer plugs plus the ease of use. I'm not all that knowledgeable in the electrical end of the wiring so I'd rather not find out the hard way.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks Cory

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You need to use a heavier 12 volt power and ground then they provice. Try a six pin connector and the new Smo1 power cable, they will solve your problem and provide the amp flow you need.

3. Hookedtrout

Hookedtrout Junior Member

Do you have a link to the parts you are talking about? I have the power cables already routed in the truck I was hoping that all I had to do was change out the female and male plugs to something that was easy to plug and unplug, the current wiring will not change.