1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Alum flatbed/dump 8' for SRW. Bulkhead, flip down sides, etc

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by got-h2o, Jul 25, 2010.

1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

As it states. Its at the bottom of this page:

http://tafcoequip.com/Default.asp?page=698

2 years old and in nice shape. Rear tail light section under the gate is a little banged up but bed itself is very nice. Over $4k new...........half price used. Selling for $2k.

BRAND NEW hoist/scissor assy available. Planned to convert truck to dump but never did.

I will consider partial trade for a 94-02 Dodge Ram bed, as that's what this bed is currently on. Must be nice.

I understand this is somewhat of a specialty item and not for everybody, so please understand why it's priced at what it is. It may not be your style, but using it is great. This ad is a feeler for now, I can provide actual pics to serious potential buyers. Price is firm b/c we are still debating running it for another season, possibly as a dump. I was going to price higher and negotiate, but there's no sense in that I suppose. The new hoist is for this bed and dealer cost was over $2k, so bear that in mind as well.

Thanks.

2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Can a salter be attached easily? Like on a mason dump?

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Not that I know of, but I can look into it. We actually didn't salt with it last year, aside from carrying bagged salt for the walk behinds. If we run it this year it's going to get a stainless v-box.

Inface I have a couple of V boxes for sale as well. A Snowex 8k and a Snow Way 8' elec conveyor type, mild steel.

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

dang if you were closer id jump on that in a heartbeat!!!! i would pull the bed right off my dodge and swap it out.

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Road trip!!!

Really though, this is an ideal work bed. We just don't use it to its full potential, and its on a truck that literally sits till winter. It was installed on a Dodge Cummins for a customer and used for a year, then my partner ended up buying the truck last year. So I suppose it really only has one season of use.

6. THEGOLDPRO

yeah man i have been wanting a flatbed for some time now but cant seem to find what i want in CT

7. THEGOLDPRO

can you by chance post a pic of it on the dodge? im curious to see what it looks like on a second gen ram.

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I grabbed a couple pics of the actual bed here. On the Dodge it's mounted on 4" c channel, so depending how you mount and what you desire it could sit a bit lower on the frame:

bed2.jpg

bed1.jpg

9. THEGOLDPRO

why did you guys mount it on the c channel?

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I honestly don't know, and I didn't do it. I'll look close and see what the reason was.

11. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

What part of Indiana?

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

We're in Griffith, 46319

13. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Bump...............................

14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Still here.....................

15. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

hey i might be interested in that, PM me on what yoru currently asking

i have a white 9 foot dodge bed, reasonable shape, no rust , small dent at the very lower passengerside rear , it could use a paint job to make it look perfect, but would make a good work truck bed

16. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

Did it sell? If not lets talk. Heres my # 1 (231)679 4974

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  17. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Still on the truck. I'll give you a buzz tomorrow sometime.

18. Sealer

Sealer Member
    from Ne, Pa.

How much for the complete truck?

19. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Truck is not for sale..............................gettin set up with an 810 and a stainless Airflow soon. Unless you have an offer we can't pass up lol. 01 Cummins with only around 130k.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  20. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

I'm sure everyone has asked but is there any way to ship this item. SWEET bed. Free bump in any case.