1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Alternator and battery

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by White-Gold, Nov 11, 2009.

1. White-Gold

White-Gold Junior Member

I got a 96 Ford f-250 4X4 and running a Boss Ploy V plow / SnowEX 1.4cu yd spreader. What alternator and battery upgrades would you guys recommend? I would like to get the best of the best. Cheers!

2. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

LOL The largest you can !!! There is no substitution for Bigger is better...Especially when everything is electric...

3. White-Gold

White-Gold Junior Member

Rather than laughing like an idiot. Why dont you make a suggestion! Im just looking for the best option. Has anyone had a upgrade product that they were happy with?

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Napa should have an alternator in the 155 amp range. Couple that with two new top quality batteries. Connect everything with 2 gauge wires and your are good to go. Do some searching on dual batteries for suggestions on the wiring details.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Easy killer....

6. White-Gold

White-Gold Junior Member

Cheers man! Thats good advice.

7. LittleJohn

LittleJohn Junior Member

I just got thru searching for a new alternator for my truck. It's a HEMI 5.7.

I saw one rated for 200 amps @ idle. (DC Power or Bosch, I think).

All for the low low price of $599.

:cry:

LittleJohn

8. White-Gold

White-Gold Junior Member

200amps!!! Is that overkill or is there no such thing? lol

9. plowinginma

from MA

Ok (Mr panties in a bunch)...geesh... The best option you have in my opinion is go with all hydralic and you have no issue... Wonder why all the towns and states have this...

#2 I would upgrade to a Chevy!! LMAO good luck!!!

10. plowinginma

from MA

It is rather obvious that you have no idea what you are talking about...just another fake post..LOL

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

OK here is a suggestion, use the search button.

We have discussed this so many times its old. There are excellent posts on dual batteries, upgrading your charging, wiring and storage systems. some guys even like certain brand names.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=87530&highlight=batteries

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=84389&highlight=batteries

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=79336&highlight=batteries

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=77990&highlight=batteries

There's a little light reading.

Hey @cor517 wasn't "what's the best battery" in the most asked questions poll.:laughing::laughing:

12. White-Gold

White-Gold Junior Member

This not a fake post. I asked what a good upgrade would be to run a snowex 1.4cu yd spreader and boss v plow smoothly. I did not say I was running a hydraulic spreader. If you have no answer to this post than stay out! You are wasting everyones time and degrading this industry's forum with all your useless comments.

13. White-Gold

White-Gold Junior Member

Thanks Brasher

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You better be up-grading some wiring:nod:

15. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

Nice Basher 5000 post:drinkup:

16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Fake post?

Sounds like you are the one who has no idea what he is talking about. If you have nothing constructive or humorous to say, go elsewhere.

BTW, post some pics of your central hydro setup. We would all like to see it.

17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:eek: it's nothing, Mark Oomokes has had more then that deleted:laughing::laughing:

18. plowinginma

from MA

ok here is a great answer to your post.. a 200 amp alt.. with a relay set up with dual batteries..and cranking amps over 1000 is most helpful..

19. White-Gold

White-Gold Junior Member

TY!!! Sounds like thats the setup everyone has. I think ill go with that. Cheers guys!

20. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Because we all know the answer. Its the Optimal Intrastate BlowHard Pooperlast NeverStart by Flexise Tax

Available at cheesy retailers everywhere