1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Alternative to snowchains?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by TehTDK, Jan 25, 2013.

1. TehTDK

TehTDK Junior Member
    from Denmark

2. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

We have seen this over and over and over again bud.

But if you want to spend a ton of money on something you will never use then sure. Useless for plowing.

3. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

Well I haven't seen them yet. I agree, useless for plowing. Neat though. I only seen bolt on ones. I'd be worried they would fall off or something.

4. TehTDK

TehTDK Junior Member
    from Denmark

How come they are useless for plowing?. They spread the weight too much to get proper traction to push a plow etc or is it something else.

5. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

There is that. Also what happens if something breaks on them? You need to waste time taking them off. Then lift all four into your truck which they look way to heavy to be done by one guy. Then take into account how much higher they raise the truck up, changing the attack angle of the blade.

6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

They probably won't work to good on "clean" pavement or concrete and I bet the kit is $12k or more. You could buy a lot of snow chains or studded tires for that.

7. TehTDK

TehTDK Junior Member
    from Denmark

In the posted clip you actually see them running on straight pavement and they seem to be coming pretty well or better then I would suspect chains to do.